Airfoil is a Silicon Valley-based software/product design firm serving startup clients from top accelerators (Y Combinator, 500 Startups, AngelPad, South Park Commons, On Deck, and more). Learn more about us
- Design simple, elegant, data-driven, user-centric experiences that delight users
- Define the user experience, interactions, and user interface through user flows, information architecture, sketches and wireframes, and visual design
- Help shape the product strategy and vision
- Mentor other designers at the company and support their growth
- 4-9 years of experience in fast-paced creative environments
- Experience helping lead and mentor a team of gifted creatives
- Possess not just exceptional product design skills, but the ability to implement strategic and conceptual thinking as well
- A compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates high-quality design work that also tells a story that you are a deep design thinker.
- Strong information presentation (visual and written) skills
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
At Airfoil, we believe that your internship with us should be helpful to us and to you, and we see your experience here as an opportunity to further your learning and growth as a designer. For that reason, we will support you in several ways:
- Access to learning resources and practice projects. In addition to client work, we will occasionally host ‘design jam’ sessions via video call to assist you in your growth as a designer.
- Cross-border experience and training from tech company founders. Our team is led by Silicon Valley tech company founders hailing from the USA and Korea, and while working with early-stage companies our team will be there for you to assist and advise.
Regarding the COVID-19 pandemic: While the outbreak is in place and working from home is recommended, all work will be conducted remotely. If it is safe to work in person, you will have the option of either working from home or working in person.
- Most work will be conducted remotely, as our team is primarily US-based.
- Paid on a monthly basis and commensurate with your skill level.
- Upon the evaluation on the contract period, the candidate may convert into a full-time hire.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email email@example.com with the subject line "Airfoil: Product/Brand Designer Position".