Airfoil is a Silicon Valley-based software/product design firm serving startup clients from top accelerators (Y Combinator, 500 Startups, AngelPad, South Park Commons, On Deck, and more). Learn more about us
- Conduct and analyze results from user testing to translate it into experience design
- Concept and brainstorm UX and UI designs for projects
- Support all aspects of design and production for projects, focusing on innovation and quality
- Provide UX design support
- A portfolio showcasing UI and visual design work with a strong design sensibility
- Experience creating experiences for web, mobile or devices
- Ability to communicate design concept ideas through sketches, prototypes and wireframes
- Must be proficient and highly skilled in Figma, Sketch, and other design and wireframing tools
- Ability to prototype in your tool of choice (Figma, HTML/CSS, InvisionApp, Framer, etc)
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaborative and driven by group critique
HOW WE WILL SUPPORT YOU
At Airfoil, we believe that your internship with us should be helpful to us and to you, and we see your experience here as an opportunity to further your learning and growth as a designer. For that reason, we will support you in several ways:
- Access to learning resources and practice projects. In addition to client work, we will occasionally host ‘design jam’ sessions via video call to assist you in your growth as a designer.
- Cross-border experience and training from tech company founders. Our team is led by Silicon Valley tech company founders hailing from the USA and Korea, and while working with early-stage companies our team will be there for you to assist and advise.
- Contractor, full-time
- Part time (possible)
Regarding the COVID-19 pandemic: While the outbreak is in place and working from home is recommended, all work will be conducted remotely. If it is safe to work in person, you will have the option of either working from home or working in person.
- Most work will be conducted remotely, as our team is primarily US-based.
- Paid on a monthly basis and commensurate with your skill level.
- Upon the evaluation on the contract period, the candidate may convert into a full-time hire.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Airfoil: Product/Brand Designer Position".